We are so pleased to announce that we have partnered with Ecologi to plant a tree for every order placed at StudioPips.
We know that planting trees is an excellent way to restore the planet. But, when applying tree-planting as a climate solution, organisations have to take steps to ensure that the work is being done properly.
We want the trees that we have funded for planting through Ecologi to be the most well-loved trees that ever did grow – and that means reforesting responsibly.
For example, this means planting ecologically appropriate trees in the right places, coordinating with local communities, and ensuring that trees are protected from outside threats (both natural and manmade) so that they can survive and thrive, and help to support biodiversity and carbon sequestration.
Forest restoration and reforestation are well-known climate solutions because of trees’ ability to absorb carbon from the atmosphere and store it in their biomass.
This carbon absorption ability is entirely natural, and far exceeds the efficiency of any manmade carbon removal tech that currently exists.
As well as carbon sequestration though, planting trees is a wonderful thing to do for a number of other reasons:
- Trees provide habitat, shade, shelter, and food for local wildlife. Planting trees therefore supports biodiversity and helps to prevent species loss.
- Trees can provide products that local community members can sell – like fruits and nuts – without harming the trees themselves.
- Degraded soil increases the risk of natural hazards like landslides, and the roots of trees help to stabilise the soil and minimise this risk for local communities.
- Trees can help to purify air and water sources, providing better health outcomes for local communities.
- Coastal tree species like mangroves provide excellent natural barriers which protect the shoreline from storms.
- Trees make us feel better: research suggests they have a positive impact on our mental health.
You can view our StudioPips Forest on the Ecologi website here