Meet the designer - Claire
Claire Elsworth Design is a luxury wallpapers and home decor brand for home owners and designers looking for maximalist interiors.
Hi there, I’m Claire I just love to draw and create maximalist patterns for interiors!
I draw unique, opulent and intense designs by hand and digitally work them up into patterns for luxury interior products.
As a child I was fascinated by how patterns ﬁtted together and travelled across wallpapers, carpets and curtains and I still adore this process of working out a pattern when I design today.
My career background is a little different as I spent many years working in the dark, dank world of ﬁnance before rediscovering my true passion and took myself off to art school as a mature student. After taking time out to have my family I studied surface pattern design through online courses such as ‘Make It in Design’ and ‘Make Art That Sells’ with the end goal of creating a career from something I love and to ﬁt around my family.
My purpose is to help interior enthusiasts create inspirational beautiful interiors using my unique products so they can make a house a home and create a sanctuary of luxury to relax in.
Most people want their home to reﬂect their own personality in some way. Conventional wisdom tells you not to have too many patterns, that things should match, colours should not clash, less is more and neutrals are calming. That’s all well and good if you like that sort of thing but what if the thought of safe neutrals says nothing about your personality?
If you love of pattern, appreciate colour and have an utter joy of fusing and contrasting designs, patterns, textures and blocks of colours that makes your heart soar and pupils dilate then, my fellow Maximalists, my designs are here for you!
- We aim to be as socially responsible as we can and only work with Eco friendly companies.
- All our products are designed, printed and made in England by English manufacturers keeping our product miles down.
- Our wallpapers are printed on FSC certiﬁed papers using Eco friendly water based inks free from cadmium, chromium, mercury, lead and formaldehyde.
- Base fabrics for our cushions are ethically sourced and printed with Eco friendly inks using the sublimation digital printing process using less water and producing zero waste.
- Our cushions are made by a socially responsible soft furnishing supplier manufacturing in the most eco conscious way possible, using ethically sourced materials. They also make our bespoke inners which are ﬁlled with mix of free range farmed duck feathers and a poly ﬁbre made from recycled plastic bottles.
Here at StudioPips we love Claire’s designs and we hope you do too!
Shop our range of Claires wonderful products here